I took some time to sew some pillows this morning and completed two hexagon pieces last week. I also took a picture of Thomas with his SCARY mask!
I sewed together the rest of my cut blocks and then laid them all out with the previous blocks…. I won’t know the final layout until I make another 27 or so blocks – I have another 2 1/2 yards of fabric to stack, whack, and sew!
So, I have to keep making some blocks!
I was doing sample projects for the last two days, so I wanted to cut loose today. I got some other fabric to cut up and try for a one block wonder quilt of hexagons. My focus fabric is Woven in Time from RJR. I think I will assemble one block a day to give me something to look forward too….
Block one options:
I have never tried stack and whack before, but I figured I would give it a go today.
Here is my focus fabric:
Here is the 60 degree diamond units after stacking, pinning, and whacking:
Here are some hexagons I started playing with!