Dinner last night was adapted from a Cooking Light recipe!
- 1 cup part-skim ricotta cheese
- 1 cup (4 ounces) preshredded part-skim mozzarella cheese
- ¼ cup (1 ounce) grated Parmigiano-Reggiano cheese
- 1 package Mama Mary’s Thin & Crispy Pizza Crust, 16 oz, 2 Crusts
- 1 cup thinly sliced fresh basil
- ½ cup thinly sliced shallots
- ½ cup finely chopped spinach
- ½ to 1 teaspoon crushed red pepper
- ½ teaspoon black pepper
- ½ teaspoon dried oregano
- ¼ teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 cup thinly sliced plum tomatoes
Preheat oven to 425°.
Combine the first 3 ingredients in a medium bowl. Spread cheese mixture over 2 pizza crusts, leaving a 1/2-inch border around the edge. Sprinkle with basil and next 6 ingredients (basil through garlic powder). Arrange plum tomato slices in a single layer on top. Place pizza on baking sheet. Bake at 425° for 10 minutes. Remove pizza to cutting board; cut each pizza into quarters.
On sunday, we grilled some chicken! This was a nice marinade:
- 4 chicken breasts
- 2 Tablespoons soy sauce
- 1 ½ teaspoons honey
- 1 dash crused red pepper
- 2 teaspoons minced garlic gloves
- 1 teaspoon ginger
- 1 teaspoon olive oil
Mix all marinade ingredients. Combine chicken and marinade in ziploc bag. Let marinate for 4 – 12 hours. Grill with pineapple rings.