- 1 ½ cups all-purpose flour
- ½ cup brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- ½ teaspoon baking soda
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- 1 cup mashed ripe banana (2-3 bananas)
- 1 lg egg
- ¼ cup butter, melted
- ¼ cup 1% buttermilk
- 3 tablespoons canola oil
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- ⅓ cup + 2 tbsp chopped walnuts, divided
1. Heat oven to 350°F. Coat 9 cups of a standard-size muffin pan with cooking spray.
2. Whisk flour, sugar, baking powder, baking soda, and salt in bowl.
3. Mix banana, egg, spread, buttermilk, oil, and vanilla extract in large bowl until smooth. Gradually add flour mixture and stir until blended. Add 1/3 cup of the walnuts and mix thoroughly.
4. Fill muffin cups three-quarters full. Sprinkle remaining 2 tablespoons walnuts over tops.
5. Bake until a wooden pick inserted into center of muffin comes out clean, 15 to 20 minutes.