- 12 ounces italian sausage, casing removed, crumbled
- 1 cup chopped onion
- 1 cup chopped cubanelle pepper
- 1 ½ tablespoons chili powder
- ¼ teaspoon dried basil
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- 28 ounces crushed tomatoes in puree
- 19 ounces canned cannellini beans, rinsed
Heat 2 teaspoons olive oil in a large nonstick skillet. Add sausage, peppers, and onions and cook over medium-high heat 5 minutes, breaking up chunks of meat with a wooden spoon, until meat is browned.
Add chili powder, basil, salt, and canned crushed tomatoes; bring to a simmer. Cover; cook 5 minutes, stirring occasionally, until vegetables are tender.
Stir in beans and heat through.