We had some leftover egg noodles in pack to use up!
Thai Chicken and Noodle Salad
- 6 ounces fine egg noodles
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 tablespoons balsamic vinegar
- 3 tablespoons peanut butter
- 3 tablespoons low sodium soy sauce
- 1 ½ tablespoons honey
- 1 ½ teaspoons ginger root (grated)
- ¼ teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes (optional)
- 1 teaspoon vegetable oil
- 2 teaspoons sesame oil
- 1 ½ red bell peppers or yellow bell peppers, seeded, de-ribbed and cut into thin strips
- 6 green onions, sliced diagonally
- 1 ½ pounds boneless skinless chicken breast halves, cut into stir-fry strips
- ¼ cup cashews, coarsely chopped
Cook noodles according to package directions; drain and set aside.
Dressing: In a blender container, combine olive oil, vinegar, peanut butter, soy sauce, honey, ginger root, and crushed red pepper flakes. Blend until smooth.
In a large skillet, heat vegetable and sesame oils over medium-high heat.
Add bell pepper strips and green onions; cook and stir for 1 to 2 minutes, or until onions are nearly transparent.
Remove vegetables from skillet. Add chicken and stir-fry for 2 to 3 minutes, or until cooked through; return vegetables to skillet and add cooked noodles.
Cook and stir for about 1 minute more, or until heated through. Remove from heat.
Pour dressing over the mixture in the skillet; toss lightly to coat.
Divide chicken mixture among individual dinner plates and sprinkle with cashews.