Beef Noodle Soup
- 1 tablespoon oil
- ½ lb. beef sirloin steaks, fat trimmed
- ½ cup carrots, shredded
- ⅓ cup celery, diced
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 1 tablespoon all-purpose flour
- 7 cups water
- 3 tablespoons beef bouillon granules, low-sodium
- 1 tablespoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1 bay leaf
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- ¼ teaspoon dried basil
- 1 cup egg noodles, 1/4-inch wide,
- ⅓ cup green onion, whole, chopped
- ¼ cup dried parsley
1. Heat oil in large saucepan, on medium-high heat. Add beef which has has been cut into thin, bite-size pieces. Saute until browned. Add carrot, celery, and garlic. Saute until crisp-tender.
2. Stir in flour. Add water and next 5 ingredients. Simmer 20 minutes, uncovered.
3. Add uncooked noodles, green onions and parsley. Simmer. Follow package directions for cooking noodles.
4. Remove bay leaf before serving.