- ¾ cup unsalted butter, softened
- 1 cup packed light brown sugar
- 1 tablespoon chai spice blend or pumpkin pie spice
- 1 teaspoon each baking powder and baking soda
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- ⅓ cup molasses
- 1 large egg
- 1 ½ teaspoons vanilla extract
- 2 ¾ cups all-purpose flour
- ¾ cup granulated sugar
- 76 Nonpareil-covered chocolate candies
1. Beat butter, brown sugar, chai spice, baking powder and soda, and salt in large bowl with mixer on medium speed until well blended and paler in color. Beat in molasses, egg and vanilla. With mixer on low, gradually beat in flour just until blended. Cover and refrigerate 1 hour or until firm enough to handle.
2. Heat oven to 350°F. You’ll need a baking sheet(s).
3. Place granulated sugar in a small bowl. Roll rounded teaspoons of dough into balls; roll in sugar to coat. Place 11/2 in. apart on ungreased baking sheets. Bake 12 minutes or until tops crack but cookies are still soft to the touch.
4. Place baking sheet on a wire rack. Immediately press a nonpareil candy in center of each cookie. Transfer cookies to rack to cool completely.
I scooped these using a #100 scoop, so your cookie amount may vary!