Apple Cranberry Streusel Custard Pie
Source: Allrecipes.com (8 servings)
- 1 wegmans pie crust, one ready-made 9 inch crust
- 14 ounces sweetened condensed milk, Sweetened Condensed Milk
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 2 large eggs, beaten
- ½ cup hot water
- 1 ½ cups fresh or dry-pack frozen cranberries
- 2 medium granny smith apples, peeled and sliced
- ½ cup firmly packed brown sugar
- ½ cup all-purpose flour
- ¼ cup butter or margarine, softened
- ½ cup chopped nuts
1. Place rack in lower third of oven; preheat oven to 425 degrees F. In large bowl, combine sweetened condensed milk and cinnamon. Add eggs, water and fruits; mix well. Pour into pie crust.
2. In medium bowl, combine sugar and flour; cut in butter until crumbly. Add nuts. Sprinkle over pie. Bake 10 minutes.
3. Reduce oven temperature to 375 degrees F; continue baking 30 to 40 minutes or until golden brown. Cool. Store leftovers covered in refrigerator.
I did not thaw the cranberries before putting in recipe.