Mike took the last squash out of the garden, so we made this salad. It was tasty!
Quick-marinated Yellow Squash Salad
Crisp-tender slices of squash marry well with lemon, shallot, and thyme. Choose yellow squash that is glossy, firm, heavy for its size, and small — a petite squash boasts fewer seeds and more flavor than a big one.
- 3 tablespoons fresh lemon juice (from 1 lemon)
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- Coarse salt and ground pepper
- 2 medium yellow squashes (8 ounces each), halved lengthwise and thinly sliced crosswise
- 1 shallot, thinly sliced crosswise
- 1 to 2 teaspoons fresh thyme leaves
In a medium bowl, whisk together lemon juice and oil. Season with salt and pepper. Add squash, shallot, and thyme. Toss to combine. Let stand 5 minutes before serving.
– Prep: 15 Minutes
– Total Time: 20 Minutes