We used up some of our squash from the garden tonight!
Potato And Yellow Squash Frittata
- 2 ½ cups chopped potato (about 3/4 pound)
- 2 teaspoons butter, divided
- 2 ½ cups chopped yellow squash (about 3/4 pound)
- 4 large eggs
- 2 large egg whites
- ⅓ cup reduced fat milk
- 1 teaspoon finely chopped fresh tarragon or chives
- ¾ teaspoon salt
- ¼ teaspoon pepper
- ⅔ cup cheddar cheese, shredded
1. Place potato in a large saucepan; cover with water. Bring to a boil; reduce heat, and simmer 8 minutes or just until tender. Drain well.
2. Melt 1 teaspoon butter in a large ovenproof nonstick skillet over medium-high heat. Add squash; saute 5 minutes. Cool slightly.
3. Whisk together eggs and next 5 ingredients in a large bowl. Add potato and squash.
4. Preheat broiler. 5. Melt remaining butter in pan over low heat; add egg mixture (do not stir). Cook, uncovered, 12 minutes or until top is almost set. Sprinkle with cheese.
6. Wrap handle of pan with foil. Broil 4 minutes or until set. Cut into 8 wedges. Serve immediately.
YIELD: 4 servings (serving size: 2 wedges).
6 WW points per serving