Peanut Butter Cookies
Source: Bake or Break Recipes (3 dozen)
- 1 ¼ cups all-purpose flour
- ¾ teaspoon baking soda
- ½ teaspoon baking powder
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- ½ cup unsalted butter, softened
- 1 cup chunky peanut butter
- ¾ cup granulated sugar , (plus more for sprinkling cookies)*
- ½ cup firmly packed light brown sugar
- 1 large egg, at room temperature
- 1 tablespoon milk
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 cup peanut butter chips
Preheat oven to 350°.
Combine flour, baking soda, baking powder, and salt. Set aside.
In a large bowl, beat butter and peanut butter until fluffy. Add sugar and brown sugar, beating until smooth. Add egg, mixing well. Add milk and vanilla extract. Gradually add flour mixture and mix until combined. Stir in peanut butter chips.
Drop by rounded teaspoonfuls onto ungreased baking sheets. Leave several inches between cookies. Lightly indent the tops of the cookies with a fork. Do not overly flatten cookies. Sprinkle each cookie lightly with sugar.
Bake for 10-12 minutes. Cookies may not look done, but do not overbake. Cool on baking sheets for 1 minute. Transfer to wire racks to cool completely.
*I prefer using a coarse sugar for sprinkling on top of cookies.