I had leftover buttermilk to use up today! This came out delicious!
Raisin Buttermilk Coffee Cake
Source: Country Woman (32 servings)
- 1 cup packed brown sugar
- 1 cup chopped nuts
- ⅓ cup butter or margarine, melted
- 2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 4 teaspoons ground cinnamon
- ½ cup butter or margarine, softened
- 1 ½ cups sugar
- 2 eggs
- 3 cups all-purpose flour
- 4 teaspoons baking powder
- ½ teaspoon salt
- 2 cups buttermilk
- 1 cup raisins
1. In a bowl, combine the first five ingredients until mixture resembles coarse crumbs; set aside. In a mixing bowl, cream butter and sugar. Add eggs, one at a time, beating well after each addition.
Combine the dry ingredients; add to creamed mixture alternately with buttermilk. Stir in raisins. Spread half of the batter into a greased 13-in. x 9-in. x 2-in. baking pan. Sprinkle with half of the crumb mixture. Carefully spread with remaining batter and sprinkle with remaining crumb mixture.
Bake at 350 degrees F for 35-40 minutes or until a toothpick inserted near the center comes out clean.
Original recipe serving size is 12-15 servings, we cut ours smaller.