I found this one on allrecipes.com – It came out great!
Mama’s Italian Wedding Soup
Source: Allrecipes.com (10 servings)
- 1 lb. extra-lean ground beef
- 2 eggs, beaten
- ¼ cup dried bread crumbs
- 2 tablespoons grated Parmesan cheese
- 1 teaspoon dried basil
- 3 tablespoons minced onion
- 2 ½ quarts chicken broth
- 2 cups spinach – packed, rinsed and thinly sliced
- 1 cup seashell pasta
- ¾ cup diced carrots
1. In a medium bowl, combine the beef, egg, bread crumbs, cheese, basil and onion. Shape mixture into 3/4-inch balls and set aside.
2. In a large stockpot heat chicken broth to boiling; stir in the spinach, pasta, carrot and meatballs. Return to boil; reduce heat to medium. Cook, stirring frequently, at a slow boil for 10 minutes or until pasta is al dente, and meatballs are no longer pink inside. Serve hot with Parmesan cheese sprinkled on top.