- 4 cup peeled & chunked potatoes
- 4 cups water or broth
- 2 medium leeks, white parts only, washed well, sliced
- ½ teaspoon onion powder
- ¼ teaspoon garlic powder
- ⅛ teaspoon freshly ground white pepper
- ¼ teaspoon dried dill , optional
- ½ cup chopped scallion , optional
Place the potatoes, water and leeks in a medium-sized soup pot. Bring to a boil, reduce the heat, cover and cook until the potatoes are tender, about 30 minutes.
Transfer to a blender or food processor and process until smooth and creamy. Or transfer only half of the soup to a blender or processor and blend until smooth and creamy. Return to the pan and stir to mix. This will yield a creamy soup with chunks of vegetables.
Add the remaining ingredients. Heat through. (If you are using the optional ingredients, cook over very low heat for 10 minutes.)
2 WW points per serving