I made this for dinner tonight. You can use whatever crust you like! As noted, you could easily 1/2 the beef and cheese and it would still be good.
- 16 ounces Rustic Crust All Natural Tuscan Six Grain
- 1 lb. wegmans 90/10 lean ground beef
- 1 small green bell pepper, cut into strips
- 1 small onion, thinly sliced, separ
- 2 cups mozzarella cheese, part skim milk, shredded
- ¾ teaspoons salt
- ½ teaspoon black pepper
Preheat oven to 400°F.
In a large skillet, brown the ground beef over medium heat for about 6 minutes.
Add bell pepper and onion. Continue cooking 3-4 minutes or until the beef is no longer pink and vegetables are crisp-tender. Season with salt and black peppers.
Place bread shell on baking sheet. Remove beef and vegetables from skillet with slotted spoon and arrange on top of bread shell.
Sprinkle the Mozzarella Cheese on top of beef and vegetable mixture.
Bake 8-10 minutes or until the cheese is melted. Cut into 8 wedges and serve hot.
This is VERY beefy. We liked it, but you could use half of the beef and cheese called for in the recipe!
Calories 485; Total Fat 14 g; Sat Fat 6 g; Carbs 56 g: Fiber 5 g
– Start to finish: 20 Minutes